Sunday 3 July 2011

Second Weekend- July 2/3

After a long week Saturday morning was very slow and I stayed in until the afternoon. Later Miranda and I met up with some people at an outdoor BBQ for dinner which was pretty relaxing. It was so funny before going to the BBQ we stopped into a grocery store to buy some supplies and we could not believe that playing on the grocery store speakers was Rebecca Black's "Friday"...seriously Singapore? The icing on the cake is that it wasn't even Friday here.

After the BBQ Nadezhda, Miranda and I got ready to go to Drink Culture. It seems to be a new weekly hangout spot and a lot  of people were there.


When we go to DC we always get unlimited amounts of this drink called 28 Black because one of the owners of it comes out. It is an all natural energy drink made with acai berries and I love it! I still miss Full Throttle that Mike and I drink in the U.S. but 28 Black is healthy and tasty too.



Sunday morning we got up and got ready for the day and I ate some inexpensive yet very good Chinese food. A plate of rice, green beans, and salad was $2.80!! Unfortunately many other things here are more expensive than back home though. Afterwards all of the roommates and I got into a van to go to Tanjong Beach Club, which is our weekly spot for Sunday dinner. Today it was nice because they had a 4th of July theme!! They had red, white and blue balloons and little flags :-)


It was funny because last week Miranda was saying she wished there were super-soaker water guns at the beach club and we showed up today and they had some for her! haha



I ate my french fries and bowl of berries and enjoyed the view for a nice ending to the week.



No comments:

Post a Comment