Saturday 9 July 2011

July 7/8

Thursday morning was an important morning of castings for me and I did not get a lot of sleep the night before. I worked until 1:45am and then when I got back I had to shower and get up early to do my hair before the castings, so I got about three hours of sleep. In the morning I went to castings for Men's Health, Shape, and NuYou magazines! Also while my roommates and I were there Female magazine came over and met with us! I would absolutely love if I could do a magazine job here before I leave.

After the casting I was so tired I went back to the apartment and stayed there for the rest of the day. I left once to get food from the new Soup Kitchen here. At night Nadezhda and I spent time together playing music and looking up videos on youtube.


Friday I picked up some new pictures for my portfolio but they were not the best quality. Then I stopped by the agency and went to castings later in the day. The castings I had were my first ones for commercials since I've been here. One was for a new property and the other was for Kangnai shoes. I did not realize that commercial castings were so long. For both of the castings I waited about 40 minutes and the casting took 30 minutes. At one of the castings I took a picture of a place next-door before and after leaving and you can see by the lighting that I was there for a while.



It is worth it though, I would love to do a commercial. Also, the Kangnai shoe job would be amazing because they are flying the model to Shanghai to film it!

After I got back to the apartment Lauren and I went to McDonalds for ice cream...mmmm. I got the new oreo creme brulee vanilla bowl. It was good because I love sweets, but it was not as good as I thought it would be. Lauren got a cone of vanilla for only $0.70 so I am going to do that next time! Later Miranda got back from seeing her Mom who is visiting her here and the three of us hung out. We started blasting songs with really good beats and basically had a hip hop party in the living room with just us three. Miranda busted out some moves in her big hoop earrings!



*Good memories*

No comments:

Post a Comment