Thursday 7 July 2011

July 5/6

Tuesday I had the worst day since being here and I hope I dont experience a day worse than that one.

I didn't get a lot of sleep the night before because the filming went a little late and I got up early to take a class at the gym with Miranda. Since I just got here, my membership through the agency has not gone through so I had some trouble but it worked out. After getting back from the gym I was packing my bag for the day and realized I did not have my portfolio. I searched the whole apartment several times and could not find it so I decided to go to where the filming was in case I left it there. My portfolio was nowhere to be found. :-(

As much as I didn't want to I decided I had to get my pictures reprinted and get a new portfolio. Long story short, I didn't find the printing place until after an hour of walking around in high heels. Since I was looking for the printing place I was late for a casting. The pictures weren't going to be ready so I went to the casting without my portfolio and had to run to another one right after. My second casting was the worst casting I have been on. The client was unprofessional and the job was not something that I would be interested in doing. I was a little annoyed because I had a photo shoot for my portfolio right after so instead of getting ready I had gone to that casting.

Trying to get to my photo shoot was a nightmare because the cab driver did not know where I needed to go and he was in an old cab without a gps. The driver handed me a map book and asked me to tell him where to go! I didn't mind helping but I did not know what I was doing and I needed to get to the shoot quickly. Finally after a frustrating drive he dropped me off near the shoot and luckily the shoot went well! Finally a good part of my day :-)

I don't mean to vent so much but it is one of those "had to be there to know" experiences.
On a positive note I took a couple pictures of places when I was running all around on this busy day.



Yesterday was a long busy day. Miranda and I went to a fitting for a WhiteLink bridal show we are going to do this weekend. Some of the dresses are so beautiful and I am considering buying one for when I compete for Miss New York USA! After trying on many dresses we ate lunch and rushed to a job. Unfortunately the job is confidential but it was an event that we were at from 1:45pm until 1:45am! Very tiring but worth it. 

1 comment:

  1. I am absoutely loving reading about your model adventures, Candace!!! Keep your chin up and know that those bad days will pass, and you can always call/skype me to vent =)

    ps. I can't wait until you compete for Miss NY USA!

    ReplyDelete