Thursday 14 July 2011

July 12 - Big Job!

I woke up and had some pictures sent to me from a shoot that I did last week with Ivan See, here is one of them


Last week I was told that I was chosen for a big job that I wanted but that the contract was not signed yet so it could be changed. I didn't want to tell anyone because I didn't want to jinx getting the job. I am so thankful that I got the job and that it went well! Tuesday I was told to be at The Shooting Gallery Studio which is about 45 minutes away by 8:30am. I was so nervous about being late I left at 7:00am and got there by 8:00am. I re-painted my nails and just waited outside until it was time to go in. Better safe than sorry!

I walk in and the crew was all eating and they were so nice to give me a sandwich and a little bit of carrot cake (the radish plate I mentioned in an earlier post, not the dessert). While we were sitting around they were looking through the official outline for the shoot labeled:

"HOYU Hair Packaging Photo Shoot"


Hoyu is a hair-coloring product that is very predominant in Asia but is also sold in North America, Latin America, Europe, Oceania, the Middle East and Africa! Being the face on a hair-coloring box is the biggest job I have ever done and could end up being my biggest job during my trip here.

I got my makeup done by Singapore makeup artist Eric and they flew in Yasuyoshi from Toyko to do my hair! I counted to ten in Japanese for the stylist and the client from Japan and they liked it! :-) I went on set and just had to do smiling with and without teeth and do a couple different angles and I was done!

I am so thankful I booked that job!

After the shoot I went to the agency and Lauren was there so we left together and went shopping in Chinatown. I bought some nice souvenirs for friends and family!

At night we went to a casting for a property ad where we had to take pictures as if we were in a bunch of different scenes. Down the hallway from the casting there were huge toys and Miranda went to go check it out haha


We were all really hungry after and when we were on the bus we saw a sign for Pastamania so we got off the bus and ate there! It was a fast-food pasta and pizza place that was really good! I was so full and went to bed to get sleep for a shoot the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment