Monday 1 August 2011

July 27

Wednesday morning I skyped with Mike and talked about a family friend, Caterina, who had been visiting the Millers. I wish that I was home so that I could have met her.

For breakfast Lauren and I went to McDonalds for their delicious pancakes! I wanted to have pancakes in the morning because I knew I had a full day ahead and would not have much of a chance to eat lunch. I got ready to go and then left to do the ECCO fashion show at Marina Bay Sands hotel.


I arrived a little early and got my makeup done. There were two other female models and one male models and we all waited while each other took turns getting ready. After hair and makeup was done then we did a full dress rehearsal of the whole show. Then we had a quick break before the guests were coming to the show. The show was a private event that was mostly geared towards magazines to see the stylish new fall and winter collection of shoes to include in their magazines if they want to.

Then the show began! I opened the show and one at a time we basically had to walk into the room and pause for 10 seconds at five different points in the room so that everyone could see the shoes. We did three looks and then a finale walk where we went in front of a ECCO wall backdrop and then we were done. The guests stayed for a reception afterwards but the models all left. It was a nice show and I am glad I got to do it! The shoes were comfortable and cute :-)

I went back to the apartment and Miranda came back from Jakarta!! Miranda, Lauren and I decided to go to the plaza to get dinner and I got a veggie delight sub from Subway. I had been sick of Subway before but it was actually really good. After we were back at the apartment Lauren really wanted to go to this place Le Noir that gives free food to the models and she was craving their pasta. She convinced me to go because I love pasta and free food ;-)


The following paragraph is about my pasta order getting messed up...if you are not interested, I understand and please proceed to the end of the post haha
It was my first time there and the place was nice but unfortunately my pasta did not turn out so nice. I ordered pasta with alfredo sauce and they brought me pasta with cream of mushroom sauce. I really do not like mushrooms but I didn't want them to have to make me a new pasta so I asked if I could have alfredo on the side that I would pour over. They left and came back and said that they did not have alfredo sauce. They offered to make a new one but I felt bad so I said I would try it the way it was, I took one bite...and could not eat it. Then I just asked for marinara red sauce on the side so I could put that on top. They came back with ketchup! I decided to give up and I gave my pasta up for someone else to eat. There was a marinera pasta on the table that no one wanted anymore so I finally ate that. Can I add that I ordered a lemonade and they gave me a class of club soda with a slice of lemon on top?

Lauren and I were walking to find a bus stop and we went under a neon pink bridge.


We finally got back to the apartment and I skyped and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment