Wednesday 17 August 2011

Aug 8/9 National Day and Mom and Sarah come to Singapore!

This morning I woke up and went to McDonalds with Lauren before we headed out for our busy day of castings. First I had a casting for high-end condominium property shoot where they were looking for someone mid-20's to early 30's and for the casting I had to pretend I was doing pottery. Since then I found out I was going to get the job but I had other jobs that conflict with it :-/. Once we got done we had to rush to the next thing we had to be at 1 and it was 12:30 already. We ran through the blazing sun to get to the subway and then ran to the next place. We had to try on dressed for a birthday event we were shortlisted for. Miranda met us there and after we were done we all headed to Orchard to meet the client for the birthday event so they could confirm us or not. We just had to walk into the room and meet the client and introduce ourselves and they approved us :-)


Afterwards Miranda and I headed to a casting for Wine & Dine Magazine. We just had a to keeping posing for the camera while standing and sitting in a chair. Then I headed back to the apartment and our new roommate Amanda arrived from Brazil. The three of us ate dinner and then headed to Bugis where there are different vendors to shop from to try to find an I <3 SG (Singapore) shirt because the next day was Singapore's 46th National Day! We had no luck there but we found so much other cute stuff that we want to go back and get. We got back to the apartment to find Miranda and for the rest of the night we all just hung out around the apartment until bed time.


*****************************************************************

Happy 46th Birthday Singapore!!



Tuesday I skyped in the morning and then found out that a group of friends were going to go for a hike in the rainforest. Eight of of took the MRT and walked to the hiking trail. Right when we got there we saw a reptile swimming in the water! The area was beautiful and we walked on a trail for a little over 2 hours when we got to the tree-top walk. 





We walked out onto the bridge and looked out at the rainforest. There was a nice breeze and it was so relaxing being up there. Then we kept hiking to get back and when we were almost to the exit we saw monkeys in the trees! We took pictures and watched all of the monkeys climbing around, they were so cool! When we were leaving the park there were more monkeys walking around too. Here a monkey was kissing a sign haha





When we were heading back to the apartment we saw helicopters flying around that had the Singapore flag attached flying in air. Then we got ready really fast to try to go downtown to see fireworks. We could hear them and see a little bit through spaces between the buildings but the roads were blocked off and there were so many people so it was difficult to see them.

We had to be downtown anyway because Lauren, Nadezhda, Andrew, Amanda and I were being treated for dinner by a client Norman whose family owns the TungLok Group restaurants and catering. We went to one of the restaurants and it was beautiful! 






I ate the most delicious salad I have ever had, a yummy bowl of vegetables and noodles, pumpkin creme brulee, and a fruit dessert! I love creme brulee and I had never heard of pumpkin before so I had to get it!




After dinner I headed out so that I could get ready to surprise my Mom and Sarah who were lading in Singapore! Their flight was late at night and I waited in the hotel lobby until they arrived at about 1:30am! I ducked behind a chair and when they walked in I ran towards them and said WELCOME TO SINGAPORE!!!!! It was so amazing to see them walk in and hug each other :-) After they checked in I stayed at the hotel with them that night.

1 comment:

  1. My relatives eveгy time say that Ι аm kіlling my time here
    at net, but I know I am getting experіеnce аll the time by reading suсh gоod posts.
    my webpage: webchat

    ReplyDelete