Thursday 25 August 2011

Aug 19/20

Thursday I had an entire day of shooting for White Horse Ceramic.


They chose many different scenes that they wanted to shoot to show their tiles and flooring. Miranda had shot the day before for the company and Thursday I was on set from 9:30am-6:30pm. We did about 12 scenes that were each different concepts. Some were high-fashion, others were commercial and fun, and a few were artsy. A few of them I could use for my book but I am not sure when they will be released.

When I got back to the apartment Miranda and Lauren and I were all hungry so we made dinner and got ready to watch a movie that my Mom left with me...The Princess Bride! My Mom and I love that movie and the girls had never heard of it. At first they made fun of me and some parts of the movie, but overall they liked it! Miranda started to watch another movie afterwards but I skyped and got ready for bed.

********************************

Saturday was a continuation of the White Horse Ceramic job, but this time Miranda and I got to shoot together! Miranda got hair and makeup done first and then she started shooting while I got hair and makeup done. Between the two of us we did somewhere between 10-14 scenes. Here is Miranda getting ready in one of her scenes.


A little bit into the shoot Miranda felt really dizzy and light-headed so she sat down for a while. They brought Canadian pizza and it made her feel better!


Most of the shots during the day were pretty lifestyle type and just a couple of fashion shots.


Here I am lounging on the couch for one of the pictures. It was pretty easy and fun, especially because I got to be with one of my roommates! After the job was done the photographer wanted to know if we wanted to shoot really quick for fun. He has done some magazines before and has nice work so we shot with him quickly by ourselves and then one scene together. We were done by 4:30pm and in celebration of being done we all went out for ice cream! This ice cream place was amazing and I had their famous salted caramel flavor that was so delicious!


Then we headed back and ate dinner and I skyped until we all got ready to go to a party at the Tanjong Beach Club. The beach club was celebrating their first birthday with a moon party. I had bought a new leopard dress and Miranda had a leopard skirt and Lauren had a new leopard top so we suddenly all decided to match again! It was funny because I called us the Cheeta Girls and we looked online and were choosing which Cheeta Girl we were going to be, it was so funny. 



The Tanjong Moon Party was so much fun! There was a stage with DJs playing music and lights shooting out onto the beach where everyone was hanging out and dancing. 


We had free food and drinks coupons and so I got a cheese quesadilla. I walked around and I saw people using huge wands to make gigantic bubbles!


There were also kites in the sky that were all lit up different colors! Only in Singapore have I heard of a kite like this!


On the beach they also had people twirling the sticks with fire on each end which was neat. Overall it was a very interesting party and I'm glad my roomies and I had fun. I went back after 1:00am to talk to Mike and my roomies stayed out until 4:30am. I heard them when they got back to the apartment and they brought friends over who were blasting music. I woke up and was social for a little and then we all went to bed. 

1 comment:

  1. Love, love , love reading your blog! I'm so happy Miranda met you! Friends for life for sure.......you girls know how to have fun! Love it! xxoo

    ReplyDelete