Monday 8 August 2011

Aug 3/4

Wednesday was my first fashion editorial shoot! I made sure to get a lot of sleep and then I woke up and got ready to go to a casting and then to the shoot. I took a bus all the way to the casting and when I got off of the bus I was walking around for a long time in the hot sun trying to find where the address was that I needed to go. Once I got on the street, and was almost at the building, a booker called me and said that the client had to postpone the casting. 

Immediately I headed to the bus stop to get to my photo shoot for CHIC Magazine! 


I got there a little early so I looked at past editions of the magazine. Then the makeup artist did a really good natural look and kept my hair naturally curly but styled it a little. I started out doing shots in the studio for four looks with a long black skirt. So I kept a long black skirt on and they would change the shoes, shirt, and accessories for four different outfits. I believe this was for the online version of the magazine.

Afterwards we did the shoot for the printed version of the magazine and we did 20 looks all outside! It took a while but it was fun putting on the different outfits and the shoot was really relaxed. The idea was similar to Chloe Resort 2012 - http://www.fashionologie.com/Chloe-Resort-2012-Collection-17914406. I really liked the whole team that worked on the shoot and I am excited to see the results!

I went back to the apartment, ate dinner, and relaxed for the rest of the night.

***************************************

Thursday morning I just hung out and later got ready for a couple of castings. My first casting was for a Dior makeup show. I couldn't make it to the casting the day before because of the shoot so I was thankful that the client let me go the next day. She just met me, quickly looked at my book and took my comp card but I would really love to book that job! Miranda came with me because she didn't have a comp card with her the day before when she went to the casting.

Afterwards we went to another casting for an event that needs models. I went to the casting because I am interested in being a hospitality ambassador. The event sounds very elaborate and it would be nice to do!

Miranda and I went back to the apartment and made dinner. I had minestrone soup and Miranda made a huge salad for us to have.


It was so delicious and Miranda titled it "Salad Meal"

While we were eating we were talking to Nadezhda about modeling and looking at her portfolio. She has done so much it is amazing. Then Nadezhda started talking about horoscopes and zodiac signs and the three of us started looking at different sites and reading what it says about each of us. Some of the information shocked us because it explained each of us pretty well and described in detail what we have gone through. We looked at different sites and looked up information about people we know while we digested.

Then Miranda and I decided to go for a run. I ran for a half an hour which is very long for me, and Miranda continued on for another hour on top of what we ran together. Running at night here is so nice...the air feels good and I like clearing my mind and looking around me and taking in that I'm in Asia! I went back and took a shower and went to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment