Tuesday 2 August 2011

July 28/29

Thursday morning I slept in a little and then got up to get ready for the day. Miranda, Lauren and I headed out to a casting that was pretty far away. When we got off of the bus we were lost and walked around a lot before we were pointed in the right direction. The casting was for a Winter Times clothing spread and one by one we each wore a couple of different winter coats and hats while they took pictures. The coats were really nice! Miranda really liked a bright pink pea coat that matched her heels haha

After the casting we had a lot of free time so we all went to Raffles Place mall to shop around. None of us really found anything so we went to a McDs there to get drinks and use Starbuck's wifi. Miranda and I had to go to Marina Bay Sands for a fitting later so we decided to just go there early and look around. When we got there I showed Miranda a dress from GUESS that I saw on Monday that I could not stop thinking about. We went into the store and I tried it on and Miranda was speechless. She agreed that the dress was my type of dress and that it was stunning. The only thing is it was $265. I didn't bring my wallet with me anyway so we left and looked around at other places. Miranda found a sweet outfit at Armani that was leopard print denim and a screen tee but she is trying not to spend too much money here.

We went to a swimwear store there where we were told to go to a fitting for a job we will be doing in mid-August. All of the models that were chosen for the job were there and we spent a couple of hours trying on all different swimsuits and shoes until we each had two looks for the night of the event. One of my swimsuits I will be wearing I am considering buying but I might look at home for one that is similar and less expensive.

Miranda and I went back to the apartment and everyone started to get ready to go out for the night. Lauren made a hip-hop playlist and we played it while we all got ready. I didn't want to stay out late so I didn't really do much to get ready.

We went to Soul, the club that we went to the previous week. First we went to the lounge and I played a round of darts with a bunch of people. I was in the lead the whole time but then I ended in second. It was already getting late and I wanted to take the bus back so I left. It took a while to get to the apartment, I took the bus and then the MRT and I got back to find that the door was locked and I didn't have a key! I had no money left on my phone to call my roommates so I had to use my last $10 in my purse to buy a phone card. I called everyone and no one answered. Finally Andrew who works with my agency answered and told me that he would pay for my cab to go back to Soul and pick up a key. I went back and got a key from Lauren and went back to the apartment and finally got in. I skyped with Mike and went to bed.

*****************************************************

Friday morning my first casting was for a G-Star fashion show. Mike wears G-Star clothes so I would love to get this job haha Lauren and I were waiting outside of the casting room and a man came out and told us to not be girly in the casting, and to look hard-core. I walked into the casting room and there was a big group of people in the corner of the room all waiting for me to walk. I posed at the door and then walked straight and posed at the end of the room but it was confusing because the people were then behind me. They told me to turn around and pose and then I walked back and posed in front of everyone, then did it one more time. While walking the man told me to have a smile and have happy eyes so I was trying to be hard-core and also smiley. They had me lean against the wall and pose and then I was done. G-Star jeans are amazing and I would love to do this job!


When Lauren and I were leaving the casting we got a call from Miranda saying she got done with her test shoot and was at the casting. We waited for her inside where the subway (MRT) was. Lauren just sprawled out until Miranda met up with us.


Then the three of us took a bus together to the next casting that was kind of far out. The casting was for a supermarket television commercial. We were the only three at it so I'm not sure if they were just choosing from us. We just had to talk about ourselves and do poses while they filmed.

Afterwards the girls headed back to the apartment but I headed to Marina Bay Sands to buy the dress from GUESS that could not stop thinking about! The salesman Anthony remembered me from the day before and he asked me what work I'm doing in Singapore. I told him that I am modeling and that it is a dream of mine to model for GUESS. After I told him that he gave me a special discount on the dress so instead of $265 I paid $240!! That was so nice of him and I am thrilled that I bought this amazing cocktail dress!

I went back to the apartment and Miranda and I got ready for a job for the 2011 Audi Quattro Cup event that we had that night. We got into our black dresses and black heels (I borrowed a nice pair Lauren had) and took a taxi to the Sentosa Golf Club. When we walked in a women took us on a golf cart ride to another part of the country club. Miranda and I rested until we ran through a rehearsal of what we were going to do. There were golfers out playing the tournament and then they were going to come back for a nice dinner.


Two other models came and we all ran through a quick rehearsal. Then the golfers were coming back from the green and we all stood by the doors and greeted them and directed to go get a complimentary massage or go to the rooftop for cocktails. 


Afterwards we snuck outside to a car display that they had out back that was a big white lit up box with a new Audi A6 model in it. Miranda and I stood in the front on each side of the car and the two other models stood at the back of the car. When everyone was seated for dinner they played a video showing the new car and then they played music and had lights flashing and they started to remove panels so that everyone could see us standing outside in the box in the dark. They turned on the lights in the box so the car and everything was lit up while the girls in the back pulled off a white sheet that was on the car. We stood there and posed and then we opened up the doors so that everyone could come outside and check out the car.

Then the models and I sat outside and ate bread and waited for our next instruction. The two other girls left and Miranda and I got called to the stage to help give out prizes. Miranda held the fishbowl of names that they drew for prizes and I handed the prizes out and took pictures with the winners. Many of the prizes were golf related but they also gave out an iPad2. It was a nice event that was fun to do and I'm glad Miranda and I did it together. We took a cab home and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment