Monday 22 August 2011

Aug 16

Tuesday was my Mom and Sarah's last day in Singapore :-( We really wanted to go to the Singapore Zoo before they left because it is supposed to be one of the best in the world and I love animals! Early in the morning we got on a bus to go to the zoo. It was very far out but we actually made it following my bus directions unlike our trip to botanic gardens. We arrived and started exploring the zoo by starting out seeing little monkeys in a tree out in the open with no walls or fence around them! Then Sarah and I got to stand in the feeding zone for parrots.

When we ventured in deeper we started hearing a guide speaking and we joined the group to see the different animals and hear about them. First we saw some pretty big black monkeys come out to get some food.


Then we saw some animals that resembled deer and alligators. Later more monkeys were being fed but these ones were a little bit scarier looking. 


We saw so many different kinds of monkeys throughout the day and none of them were behind a fence or glass! Monkeys were climbing over us and eating right in front of us! We also went to see orangutans and it was so cute when they all gathered to eat and there was a little baby! 


We saw flamingos and penguins which my Mom has always loved penguins. There was one little guy separated from the pack who was looking for attention flapping his wings. It was super cute <3


I had to leave for a shoot but before I left the zoo I wanted to see the elephants! We went to the Elephants of Asia area and I saw a place where you could pay to ride an elephant! (Mike was very jealous) I wanted to do it so badly but it was only available later in the day when I would be at my shoot. I saw in the guide that there was an elephant show so we sat down and watch it! It was a nice show that had comedy and showed off many talents of elephants. I got a picture of an elephant balancing on a log :-)


Elephants are very impressive and I was sad that I had to leave the show early to get back in time for a shoot that I had. My Mom and Sarah stayed at the zoo for the day. I traveled an hour and a half to the shoot and when I got to the building I could not find the exact location so I wound up being about 15 minutes late, which I am never late for anything so I was sad. I was very apologetic when I got to the set and they understood.

The shoot was for Atomica online magazine (http://atomicamag.com/) September/October issue. It was very high-end crazy editorial because the theme was that I was an alien who was captured. The outfits were nice but then every scene had something to do with plastic, either on me or around me or in front of me. We will have to see how they came out!

After the shoot I went to the apartment and I scooped up Miranda and headed back out towards the zoo but this time to go to the night safari with my Mom and Sarah! When we walked in there were shops and a stage for a show. We looked around and then got on the tram for the safari! We were not allowed to take pictures with flash so I dont have very many pictures.



We saw many types of deer, some that were right next to our jeep! We also saw a lot of boars and animals from Asia that I had never heard of. Some of the coolest animals were the tigers and elephants. There was one giant elephant that was standing by the edge of the habitat who kept swaying back and forth and it looked amazing in the moonlight. The scariest animal were the hyenas because there was no fence or wall between you and them, and one was running looking like it wanted food. (picture difficult to see)


Afterwards we walked around a cave that you could go in and Miranda got scared by a bat that flew over. Then we all took the bus back and I stayed at the hotel. My Mom and Sarah had to leave at 4:00am that night so they were checking in online and paying the bill. I wanted to help my Mom so I packed a suitcase of stuff I wanted her to bring back and I also folded some of her clothes. Then I laid down because I had to ge tup early for a job. When they came back I said goodnight to them and told them to wake me up when they were leaving. A couple hours later they woke me up and I had to say goodbye :-( I was so sad to see them leave!

I wish all of my loved ones back home could have come here to see me but I am so blessed and thankful that my Mom and Sarah came here to see me. We had so much fun and it made my trip that much more amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment