Saturday 6 August 2011

August 1/2

Monday morning I could not believe it was already August! I am in my last month in Singapore! Unfortunately that morning Miranda did not feel well at all. She had a sore throat, weak body, and felt really sick to the point that she was contemplating going to the hospital. We sluggishly got ready for the day and later we had a casting for a fall/winter magazine for a high-end mall called Paragon.

We got to the casting and there were already a lot of models there waiting. By the time Miranda and I got the sign-up sheet I was something like number 46! Many more models came after us so it was good that we got there that early. I was surprised that they would have about 80 models go to the casting at the same time but it is a highly wanted job. We all had to wait at the casting on a rooftop while the sun was blazing down. We tried to hide in a shaded part but it was stil so hot out that even I was feeling sick. Miranda was contemplating leaving the casting and even I felt sick from standing outside but it was worth it to stay. I met the directors of the casting and they ook my picture and we were done. After we stopped and got lime juice to rejuvenate us. We went back to the apartment and Miranda went back to bed.

After she woke back up we watched a bunch of Friends episodes together and Lauren came back and watched them with us. While we were watching Friends I decided to look up different free apps on my iPod and I found CamWow and IQCamera. The CamWow we just took pictures with different effects some were cool and some were scary and weird.



We were creeped out so we tried the IQCamera. First I took a picture of Miranda and it said that she was a genius with an IQ of 200 and put a halo on her head! Then I took a picture of Lauren and it said she was mildly gifted with an IQ of 140. The the girls wanted to try me so they took a picture and no lie it put a picture of a dog over me and said I had an IQ 60 which is not even close to being on the chart of being gifted! I wanted to re-do it to try to get a higher IQ so they took another picture of me. This time it put a chicken on my head and gave me a score of 10! :-( haha It's okay we had a good laugh before bed.

*****************************************

Tuesday morning I woke up to a text saying that I had to be at casting for CHIC Magazine in an hour and a half. I jumped up, got ready and grabbed a cab to get there. I was nervous about not knowing about the casting in advance because I really wanted to shoot with CHIC but the client knew that I found out about it last minute so I felt better. I went in and met the photographer Joel and I told him about myself and talked for a little while. Then he took a bunch of pictures of full-body and close-ups. When I left I had a good vibe but I had no clue if they were going to book me for anything. 

I almost got hit by a car near the apartment because I was rushing to get back. Luckily me and the car both stopped right when my leg was a centimeter from the vehicle. Then I skyped with Mike since I didn't get to much in the morning when I was rushing to the shoot. After the girls and I went to the agency to pick up our weekly allowance. When we got there everyone except one booker was out to lunch so we waited a while and then we each talked with one of the bookers for a while. When I talked to the booker she let me know that CHIC already called and wanted to shoot me the next day for a big spread in the magazine! I was so excited to hear that! 

When we left the agency Miranda, Lauren and I went to McDs because Lauren wanted lunch there. We all sat outside and hung out for a while. Then the girls went to Marina Bay Sands to go shopping but I went back to the apartment. I just hung out and relaxed until they came back. Then later Lauren and I went to Fabrika where we have been going every Tuesday. A bunch of people went again this week and the place gave us a bunch of food. It is so bad because when I go there I eat truffle fries, chips, and spring rolls...mmm. After hanging out for a little while Lauren and I decided to leave. We tried finding a better way home because the bus always takes so long. We walked around town looking for a subway to take back.


I skyped my parents to tell them that I was going to do CHIC Magazine and then went to bed early.


No comments:

Post a Comment