Sunday 21 August 2011

Aug 14/15

In the morning I got ready and my Mom and Sarah came to the apartment. We scooped up Lauren and went to the plaza to get food. We went to McDs because I always crave their "hotcakes" (pancakes). The food was good but our experience there was a little strange because a woman next to us had her little son pee into a cup in the middle of McDs in fornt of everyone. That is not common here and I am not sure why she didn't bring him to the toilet. Anyway, we headed out and took the MRT to a bus to get to the beach. While we were on the bus we saw Miranda's Tiger Beer ad on the bus stop signs!! Our friend Eduardo is also in it and it looks like this...


So we took the bus to Resorts World and went straight to Candylicious and took pictures with the candy statues out front and looked at all of the candy inside. We also stopped into Hersey's store too because we all love sweets. Then we walked around out front of Universal Studios and took pictures in front of the globe. The pictures are on Sarah's camera but some came out nice because no one else was around in the background.

Next we headed to the Merlion statue so that my Mom and Sarah could see it up close. we walked up a staircase path so that we could see the Merlion from a higher height. When we went up the stairs there was a spot where there were parrots and birds that you could get your picture taken with them.


We wanted to keep heading to the other parts of Sentosa so we took a neat walkway to get onto a tram. I had never been on this artsy walkway prior to them visiting so it was nice to do something different at the beach. 


At the end of the path there was a castle type structure that I had seen before from the tram and always wanted to go there! We got onto the tram and went to the rope and wooden bridge that connects over to the Southern most point of Continental Asia. It was relaxing and nice to walk around the island.

Then we walked all the way to the beach club on the way seeing a wild peacock and some birds in an animal exhibit. We got to the beach club and ordered food and drinks right away. My Mom and Sarah ordered a hamburger, an order of chicken quesadillas, and two diet cokes and the bill came to $59! I am thankful for my weekly free coupons. I gave them my drink coupons later so they enjoyed some mixed drinks.

We went swimming in the pool while we waited for our food to come out. The water was so nice and it was fun swimming with my Mom, Sarah and Lauren. Miranda was still not feeling well so we missed being with her there. We got out and enjoyed our food and just sitting and relaxing. Then we walked out to a little island part of the beach club to look out at the water and boats.

We went back to where everyone was and we were trying to figure out if we were going banana boating and hanging out at the night beach club or if we were going to go to an aquarium. It was my friend Chantelle's last weekend so she said we should all go to Azzura the night beach club.


We headed there and right away my Mom, Sarah and I went for a walk on the beach to go see the surfing practice wave place and the zip-liners. We also walked out onto a floating dock and then headed back to the club since the sun had set. I ate some cheesy fries that the club always gives us and we hung out listening to the music and watching all of the lights. Andrew from my agency got us pizza and I ate so much. My Mom and Sarah had some drinks and then we headed out to go to the hotel. On the way we watched some of Songs of the Sea show and looked at the lights.


We stayed out pretty late and it was fun!

***************************************

Monday my Mom, Sarah, Miranda, Lauren and I were all planning on going to the zoo but I found out that I had a fitting during the middle of the day and it was raining outside. My roomies decided to stay in for the day but my Mom, Sarah and I took a bus to the Terracotta Warriors exhibit at the Asian Civilisations Museum. When we got there we looked at some exhibits that showed some history of Singapore. 


I enjoyed reading about the improvements of Singapore over time as well as the growth of banking and finance here. Then we went into another exhibit that involved Buddha and many small statues which was pretty cool.


Then just because I did not have a lot of time we went to the Terracotta Warriors - The First Emperor & His Legacy Exhibit. 



There were cases showing off little artifacts from the time, a sword, and statues. The Terracotta Army and horses were funerary art buried with Qin Shi Huang, the first Emperor of China. These were to help guard him in his afterlife. It is estimated that there were 8,000 soldiers and it was very neat to be able to see some of them!




Unfortunately I had to leave to go to a fitting for an Aigner television commercial so my Mom and Sarah stayed at the museum and I headed to Paragon mall. The fitting went well and we got our outfits chosen to film the commercial. Afterwards my Mom and Sarah met me at the mall and we went shopping. Sarah wanted to go to Far East Plaza where there are some good deals so we went there for a while. We took a break and ate at Pastamania...mmm! After our evening of shopping I left with a swimsuit, a vest, and a dress which I am excited that I got.

I went to my apartment to find clothes that I have not worn and gathered presents that I have bought for people to give to my Mom to take home for me since my bags were packed coming here. I went to the hotel to meet up with my Mom and Sarah and Sarah's work friend showed up and said that he wanted to take us to a historic lace to eat here in Singapore. We went there and it was all local food and we ate on the streets that they block off.


I ate some carrot cake (the Chinese radish) and I tried something new! There is a food here that was explained to me as rice skin soaked in sauce. I watched them make it and it was very interesting. It was like they pulled a cloth off of a layer that was the rice skin.



Then they rolled it up and cut it and soaked it in a brown sauce. It was pretty good and I was full by the time we left. On the way back to the hotel we drove by the red light district here which is where prostitution is legal. I did not see much other than the doors that go into the places that the girls live but everyone here says you should drive by because it is part of Singapore culture. We got back to the hotel and I skyped and got ready for bed :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment