Thursday 25 August 2011

Aug 21/22

Sunday morning we purposely woke up in time to get McDonalds breakfast. They deliver here in Singapore and Miranda wanted to get it delivered but the waiting time was too long, we were too hungry. A group of us went and I got my hotcakes (pancakes) that I love! Then everyone took a nap and I skyped with Mike. Later everyone woke up and in the afternoon we took a shuttle to Tanjong Beach Club (yes, the same place everyone was at until 4:30am). Right when we got there everyone ordered food and drinks. I got lime juice and the Tanjong Salad which was a little small but pretty good. 

Miranda and I wanted to lay out in the sun a little bit since we would be leaving Singapore soon. I thought I was going to have a hard time laying out in this heat but it felt so good! I kept falling asleep and Miranda would wake me up so that we could flip over. Then Lauren and others came over to where we were laying out and hung out and talked. Lauren wrote this for me...and she wrote one for Miranda too <3


Then we headed back to the reserved table where everyone was. There wasn't a lot of room at the table and we didn't feel like sitting down so Lauren, Miranda and I went for a walk down the beach. When we were walking we saw a tree with coconuts on it and Miranda was determined to get one down (notice Lauren standing back, relaxing, sipping her drink, being entertained by Miranda haha)


Finally she got propped up and pulled one down! It was pretty heavy and we brought it back to everyone. Someone smashed it on a step to get it open a little so that Lauren could try it.


There was clear liquid inside and she said it was gross, just salt water inside. Shortly after people were going to head to Azzura but Miranda and I wanted to call it a night early. We walked all the way to the tram and on the way saw a peacock walking in the road and then Miranda said goodbye to Sentosa.


We got back and Miranda put in a movie and I fell asleep on the couch.

*******************************

Monday morning Miranda and I got ready and headed to an editorial shoot we had for Wedding & Lifestyle Magazine. First we had some trouble finding the studio but we arrived right on time. Someone let us in and we waited for the crew and hair and makeup people while ELLE Singapore was shooting in the studio. We were just told we were doing a bridal shoot and all of a sudden the stylist brought in these bags filled with Indian dresses and colored pillows. They told us that the magazine is bilingual and this issue would be a Bollywood theme! We both were looking forward to a classic bridal shoot but we decided that the Indian theme would be something neat and different. 

Miranda's eye makeup was done like a butterfly with yellow, green, and blue and I had a light black smokey eye look. The crew packed up and we headed to Boat Quay that I had never been to before so that we could shoot in an Indian restaurant there. 


The first scene we did was beauty shots where Miranda wore a green gown and I wore a purple one.


We took a quick break to eat and then I was excited because Miranda and I did a shot together that is going to be a two-page spread in the magazine. We were both on a bench/bed with pillows around and we were wearing very elaborate Indian wardrobe. This is where the shot was take but they spruced it up.


We were supposed to end the shoot by 5:00pm but we got done around 6:30pm and then Miranda and I walked down Boat Quay trying to decide if we should eat there or home. 


We decided to go home and make dinner since we were close to home anyway. After we ate, Lauren and I headed to PURE Fitness gym because we had to go there to finishing registering our passes. They finally accepted my free membership but it was a week before I would be leaving Singapore...I now have a three month pass that I can only use for one week. The membership fee at PURE is one of the highest of any gym: $250 per month, but Phantom models are supposed to get a free membership. Lauren and I got on the treadmill and did not even last ten minutes. I started facetiming Mike and Lauren and I stretched on the matts since she wants to be ready for cheerleading when she goes back home. I got back and sat around with Miranda and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment