Saturday 20 August 2011

Aug 13

Saturday morning I went to the hotel to see my Mom and Sarah but when I got to the hotel they were nowhere to be found. I skyped with Mike in the lobby while I waited and eventually they arrived. Shortly after I had to head back to the apartment so that Lauren and I could go to a casting together. 

I was very excited for the casting because I heard it was for a dinner event and a yacht event that actually the Miss Universe Organization has some part in! Everyday I think about how I want to be Miss USA and go on to be in the Miss Universe pageant. I had to go first at the casting because I told the client that I had to be at a show with my Mom and Sarah. The client is Norman who I have said we went out to eat with whose family owns TungLok Group restaurants and catering. I took quick digitals and grabbed a cab to go to the Esplanade which is a famous building in Singapore.

I got there and waited for my Mom and Sarah who went early to get our tickets. They came back from getting food and they brought be some Malaysian vegetables and rice. I ate and then we headed into Jump 2011 which is a comic Korean martial arts show.


The show was a little bit of immature humor or some of it was directed towards children but overall I enjoyed it and had a couple of laughs. There were some cool moves and talented people in terms of flexibility and gymnastics!

After the show we walked to the Singapore Flyer which is an observation wheel like an extra large ferris wheel.


We got our tickets and before going on we walked through rooms and hallways that had information about the observation flyer as well as different pieces of art, which was pretty cool! Then we were on the ferris wheel and enjoyed the view! 




The ride lasted about half hour to forty minutes and we didn't want it to end. 


I had a job that night at Marina Bay Sands so we started to head down the road to the shoppes. We walked on a neat bridge that had a great view.


I walked my Mom and Sarah to the stores across from the hotel and then I said goodbye for the night because I was modeling at a Hot August Nights private party on the roof of Marina Bay Sands with Miranda! I went to one of the suites in the hotel and we got our hair and makeup done. Miranda had been sick but she was finally feeling better that night :-)

We had two looks for the night which consisted of swimsuits and coverups from Silvian Imberg and shoes provided by Nine West.


When the event started we were told to just have fun and enjoy the event. There were impersonators performing and we watched "Elvis Presley", "Tina Turner", and "Rod Stewart" put on a show! Miranda and I got orange juice from the bar and just talked and listened to the music while greeting guests. It was so fun and then it got even better when the event staff told us that we could go in the infinity pool!! No one else was allowed in the pool, only the models and we had inflatables. Ever since I got to Singapore I wanted to go in the infinity pool on the roof but only guests staying at the hotel are allowed to. When Miranda and I were in the pool we were on an inflatable together and we looked out at all of Singapore and were in bliss.



Afterwards we changed to our second outfit and for the last hour of the event they let Miranda and I sit in the restaurant by ourselves and eat food that they brought out to us. I ate about four pieces of squares of cake that they had cut and it was delicious. We were so thankful that we got to work for this event and we went home and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment