Friday 12 August 2011

Aug 7

Sunday morning it was pouring so I was sad because Sundays are our beach days. I skyped with Mike all morning and then ate a little lunch. Right after lunch time it started clearing up so Lauren, Nadezhda, Andrew and I all got in the shuttle to go to the beach club. The beach club was not very busy because of the morning showers but it was nice and relaxing, we had some drinks and hung out. I got my corn and cheese quesadillas that I have been having lately and ate some of my friend's french fries...mmm.

Then Lauren said she wanted to go find the only Victoria Secret in Singapore which was near where we were but on the other side of the beach. We decided to walk the whole way to the other side and we saw some cool things on the way. First we saw some wild peacocks both male and female! This was the closest I have ever been to a peacock, especially a wild one!


Right when we started walking along the beach again we saw a bridge that I had heard about and wanted to go to. It is a wooden and rope bridge over the water and it was fun to walk on. When we got to the other side we were on a little island in the water. We looked at a sculpture on the island and sat on a palm tree that was hanging over the water. 



Afterwards we walked up a tower that was on the island an overlooked the water and the beach where we walked from. It was so beautiful!




Where we were is the Southern most point of continental Asia! Then we kept walking through the different areas of Sentosa and took the tram to the stop to see the Merlion. I had only ever seen it driving by before so it was neat to walk around by the statue. Then we walked down to Lake of Dreams and Resort World which is outside of Universal Studios!



We went to Candylicious, Hershey's World, and Victoria Secret. Later on the way back home I stopped at a store to buy a birthday present for my best friend Sarah! Before getting back to the apartment to go to bed Lauren and I of course grabbed ice cream from McDs :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment