Thursday 18 August 2011

Aug 10/11

I woke up Wednesday morning with my Mom and Sarah :-) We went to my apartment for me to show them and get stuff for the day. Then we went to the agency so that I could get my weekly allowance and talk to one of the bookers. Afterwards we stopped by the oldest Hindu temple in Singapore because it was in between the agency and Chinatown. Before shopping we decided to grab a bite to eat and we went to a place that I have not been in a while, where I was craving cooked eggplant and green beans with sauce. It was just what I wanted, so delicious. Then we spent a while in Chinatown shopping and walking around. My Mom and Sarah were not used to the heat so we got ice cream at McDs and went back to the hotel.


After we rested for a little we got our shopping shoes back on and headed to Bugis. I had seen some cute things there with Lauren a couple days prior and wanted to go back and get them. Bugis is filled with vendors of cheap clothes and items. I got two pairs of flat boots and Sarah had fun looking at the many dresses each vendor had. We walked around for a while until we were tired and headed backt o the hotel again. We made sure to get back in time to quickly get ready to go out to a new bar that my agency set up for us models to go to that night. The roof-top bar was called Halo in Wangz hotel right near my apartment and the hotel they were staying in.


It was so fun hanging out there with my Mom, Sarah, and Lauren. We got free food and drinks so I was happy that my Mom and Sarah got to have a free night of fun their first full night in Singapore. We had little dishes of pasta and Sarah had little pieces of salmon and then later Lauren and I had french fries and marshmallows. A little later Miranda and her friend Morgan who was in town stopped out for a while. Miranda was feeling really sick but she wanted to come for a little bit and bring her friend out. 

We were having fun and then we heard that there was a chance to go to Ku De Ta nightclub at Marina Bay Sands. I really wanted my Mom and Sarah to see it while they were visiting and I was not sure when they would be able to if we did not go that night, so we decided to go! I was so excited when we got there and were going up the elevator and walking out onto the top of Marina Bay Sands. I had only been to Ku De Ta once before and I was excited for them to see the amazing view. 


We had so much fun and I am so glad we got to all go together! We went back to hotel and passed out.

*******************************************

Thursday morning my Mom, Sarah and I went to eat breakfast at the plaza near my apartment. We ate at bread talk and sat outside at a table in the plaza. Afterwards we decided to get manicure and pedicures since I needed one for upcoming jobs anyway. We went back to their hotel and I got my nails done the usual light pink. It was nice to sit and relax getting our nails together even though I had to be at a shoot right after. 

I ran from there to go to a shoot for Wine & Dine Magazine. 


I was lost and thought I was going to be late so I started running. I got to the cafe/restaurant just in time and sat down to wait. When no one was coming up to me I decided to look around and see if I was supposed to be somewhere else. Towards the back of the cafe, around the corner I saw the crew looking for me. I was glad I got chosen for the job and I like the type of modeling for dining magazines. Most of the pictures I was in the background of the food and I was more silhouetted in the photos. The food looked amazing and the photos made the dishes look even better! The magazine will be out in September so we will see how it turned out!

After the shoot the crew offered me to share the kewi meringue cake which was difficult for me to pass up but I had to run to meet my Mom and Sarah for dinner because the shoot went a little later than it was supposed to. I met up with them and we went to Clark Quay for dinner on the water at Harrys.


I got a margherita pizza that I usually get everywhere I go out to eat. It was very good and it was so nice eating outside. Clarke Quay is a very lively area and is fun to walk around at night. While we were eating my Mom noticed moving lights in the sky and it looked like UFOs of little planes with bright colored lights on them. They were flying all around and then all of a sudden they each shot green laser lights out of the front of them! I tried to take a picture but it was too late the two little planes flew away.

When we got back to the hotel my Mom fell asleep right away. Sarah got ready quick and we went out and met people at Soul nightclub which is now called Haute I believe. We went into the club part and went up to the VIP section to take pictures.



We hung out for a little downstairs on the main floor and then decided to call it an early night and headed back.

No comments:

Post a Comment