Tuesday 11 December 2012

Oct 13th-Oct 25th - Birthdays & Mike's Visit!

Saturday I flew back to Rochester because it was my cousin and Mike's sister's birthdays! I landed and went straight to my cousin Amanda's house to see her and give her a couple gifts. Walking into her room I could not believe how many decorations her friends put up, it was awesome! She was recovering from staying out all night so we hung out and talked and then Mike picked me up to go to his house.


When we got to his house we gave Alex presents and she loved them. Then Mike's parents, Alex and Jon, our friend Michele and Mike and I headed to the new restaurant Trata for Alex's birthday dinner. Alex thought we were going to dinner and then for drinks but really while we were eating people were at the house decorating and getting ready to surprise her! We told her we were going to "quickly stop home to change" and when she walked in everyone yelled surprise and it actually worked! Alex is the type of person who would catch on to a plan like this but everyone pulled it off! We had so many sweets and all hung out and it was a great night! 


I hope Amanda and Alex both had a great day! I love you girls! 

The next day my Mom was traveling for work and her cellphone started beeping with a warning that she was in a hurricane zone so she went up to a desk and asked and they said they have not gotten any warning. She asked where the shelter was and headed there just to be safe. All of a sudden the airport made an announcement that there was a hurricane and for everyone to go to the tunnel for shelter. Thousands of people started rushing towards to where my Mom was and luckily it passed and she was able to fly out. I was so worried but I am glad she was safe and nothing happened. 


That day Mike, his parents, his Grandpa and I ate at Proietti's which was a cute Italian restaurant and it was nice. Later Mike and I went to go see Here Come The Boom at the movie theatre and we liked it! On Monday Mike, my Dad and I ate at iHop together before I flew back to Manhattan to work at night.  While I worked Tuesday former Secretary of State Colin Powell came in as well as designer Isaac Mizrahi. 



After work a couple of coworkers and I went to the Film Forum to see the 1945 film Brief Encounter. It was really interesting to see a movie from almost seven decades ago and it left me teary-eyed. On Friday while I was working Mike got into town and we went to dinner at La Follia that I love and then we sat at the park at Union Square for a little before going to get dessert at Max Brenner. 


The next day Mike, Sarah and I went too look at an apartment near by that could be turned into three bedrooms for Dennise, Sarah and me. It was nice but not as big and equipped as our current place. After, Mike and I went to Tumi to look for a new bag for Mike to use to carry his computer and music gear in. Then we walked around the city, it was a beautiful day! 


Mike and I went to Patsy's for pizza where we went with his family before. We wanted Sarah and Brad to join us but they were walking Ernie in Central Park. Afterwards we went to some stores and Mike bought me an awesome hat from Diesel! 


Later at night we went to L'Express for hot chocolate and coffee which was nice. The next day after work Mike and I wanted to try a new restaurant and we ate at Giorgio's of Gramercy which was really nice! The had great hospitality, good food and they sent us out a complimentary s'more dessert that was delicious! 


Afterwards we met up with Sarah and Brad at the grocery store to get cookies to bake. We all baked Halloween cookies together and drank apple cider to get in the spirit! 


On Monday Mike and I walked around Soho and ate at Delicatessen where we had a truffle spinach artichoke dip with cheese and I had a squash puree soup that were both scrumptious!


Then Mike headed to Atlanta for work and I worked the rest of the week. On Tuesday when I went into work former SNL actress Rachel Dratch walked in and later Yves Saint Laurent North America Presient Brant Cryde came in for dinner. 



On Thursday I looked at Halloween costumes for Sarah and I at a place where there were some on sale. I bought a Captain America costume and Sarah got a scarecrow one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment