Wednesday 26 December 2012

Nov 9th-Nov 18th - Mike's Visit & Leaving Maialino!

Friday night Mike came to the city and the next day we went to Maialino for brunch. I had been wanting to try the ricotta pancakes and they were amazing!


Afterwards we went into some stores to look around and get Christmas presents. The next day was Veteran's Day and I am thankful for my family members and everyone who has served our country. I worked that day and then Mike and I ate at Hane and had yummy fried ice cream for dessert.


Afterwards we went to go see Cloud Atlas starring Tom Hanks and Halle Berry who were both very good in it but the movie was a bit confusing overall. It definitely gets you thinking and I think it has a good message but there were so many stories going on and unusual things happening. 


Then we were hungry again so we went to Posto where I had been wanting to try their thin-crust pizza. We ordered a salad that was a really good and a cheese and truffle oil pizza that was amazing. 

(I took from inside the restaurant)

On Monday we went to Pastis for breakfast and then hung out around Soho. Later at night we ate at Yuca bar and got 16 Handles for dessert. The next morning we went to Petite Abeille for a waffle before Mike headed to Atlanta with his music partners. They were going back to Tree Sound Studios to work and go to B.o.B.'s mixtape release party. 


I went back and cleaned the apartment and then headed to work. Wednesday night my roomies and I put up Christmas decorations while playing Christmas music which was fun and it made the apartment look even more cute. Puma and Ernie were also super cute wearing festive attire! 


The next morning I worked and Stephanie Winston Wolkoff came in who is a influential figure in the American fashion industry including being the founding director of Fashion at Lincoln Center who supervises every aspect of New York Fashion Week. On Friday I went to Gilda's Club to do volunteer work. They are such a great organization and I love to help out in any way that I can. 


I went straight from there to work and that night singer and actress Idina Menzel came in with some friends. She is so talented and meeting her in person there was a glow to her and she was very nice! 


On Saturday Top Chef Master Rick Bayless and his wife Deann came into Maialino and on Sunday Andy Cohen walked in but we were so packed he decided to go somewhere else, it was cool to see him though!


Sunday was my last day working at Maialino! During my ten months there I met great people and learned a lot. The environment of Maialino is warm and welcoming and I loved the beautiful view into Gramercy Park. It was sad saying goodbye to everyone but we had a get-together that night which was so nice. 

(Roger, Elizabeth, Lauren, Me, Reni, Dennise, Lindsey, Meghan, James, Kristin)

(Me and Julia)

My roommate Dennise came with me and we met up with several of my co-workers for snacks and desserts at Maialino and then some of us went and met up with some other co-workers at Taproom and had fun there the rest of the night! My Maialino chapter has ended but I will definitely be back to visit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment