Tuesday 24 January 2012

Jan1-Jan8 - Back To The City!


The first day of 2012 I got ready to go to Connecticut to visit my Grandma before going back to the city. I said bye to Mike and his family and then my Dad and I drove all day and arrived at night. Right when we got there we picked her up and went to Christy's where we always go to eat because it is so good. I had my huge eggplant parmesan dish that I always eat the whole thing. Later when we got back we gave my Grandma some Christmas presents and she was so thankful. I wrote her a poem called Grandma's House about how much I love going to visit her and she loved it! 

The next morning we headed to the city and I brought a whole trunk full of more stuff to move in since I still had extra room. My Dad and I went out to lunch which was nice and then he went back to CT to help my Grandma with some things before going back home. 

Later that night I went to go see the movie The Iron Lady with Sarah and her friend Steph because her friend was visiting in town and heard that the movie was only playing in NYC and LA so she wanted to see it. Meryl Streep did very well and it was interesting to learn about Britain's female Prime Minister. She was a women who stood up for herself and her beliefs and truly cared about the people. I looked it up afterwards and they did such a good job making Meryl look like her ->

 

The next day Miranda, one of my roomies from Singapore, was in the city and came to see me! I showed her our apartment and we talked and caught up for a couple of hours. It was so good to see her!


After hanging out with Miranda I headed to Maialino at Gramercy Park Hotel for an interview. It went well and Sarah interviewed for the same job. They were only hiring two more people for the position and later the next day we each found out that we both got the job!!

That weekend some of Sarah's friends, Lindsay and Mishi, were in town for interviews with ELLE and L'Oreal. The night before they left we went out to eat and the day that they were leaving we met up for a sweet lunch at Max Brenner!



Although we had an unhealthy lunch we did have plans the next day to go to yoga with Dennise so it was okay!...(slight humor ;p) The following night the three of us headed to candle-lit yoga at Yoga to the People which is a donations based group.


The class was amazing; it was easy to get used to yoga again and the class was enough of a challenge for me as well. I felt so stretched and relaxed afterward, I definitely want to continue to take yoga classes.

Later that night was the Miss California USA 2012 pageant that I watched live online. I was excited to watch the show because I love the Miss Universe Organization who owns the pageant and also the directors of the Miss California USA pageant, K2 Productions, are the new directors for Miss New York USA which I will be competing for next year! The winner was Natalie Pack who is a beautiful model who has been on America's Next Top Model in the past! 

(picture from MissCaliforniaUSA.com)
The show ended after 12am on the East Coast and I went right to bed when it was finished so that I could be ready for the week to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment