Thursday 12 January 2012

Dec11-Dec18 - Moving to NYC!

We got approved for the apartment that we really wanted! We read through the hundreds of pages of the lease (that they only give you 1 day to do) and signed for an apartment in Gramercy/East Village area!

On December 11th my parents, Mike, Brad, Sarah (my roomie) and I had a cargo van, a truck and a car loaded and ready to go to NYC!


We drove down and got to the apartment right before it was getting dark. Everyone started grabbing bags and boxes and brought everything into the apartment and made piles of luggage on the floor. It took a lot of effort but we finally got our sofa inside and we were all set to unpack!

We took a break and walked to get dinner at a really nice Italian restaurant. After we finished setting up the dining room table and unwrapping the sofa some of our friends from NYU came over to hang out for a little bit.

The next morning my parents left to go back home and Sarah and I walked around the apartment complex to see the ice skating rink, lounge, movie theatre, gym, and other buildings around the courtyard.


The rest of the week Sarah, Mike and I went out to places to eat, shopped, and hung out. We also got our apartment set up and a wall built to make another bedroom for our roommate Dennise who was moving in after Christmas. 

Since Sarah and I wanted to have consistent money coming in for rent we went out and applied for hostessing jobs. It was a little difficult because we were going to go home soon for the holidays but Maialino at Gramercy Park Hotel agreed to interview us after we got back. 

Before going home for the holidays we wanted to make sure to look around the city and see the tree at Rockefeller Center. We went into St. Patrick's Cathedral that I don't think I have seen in a long time and it was beautiful.


Then we went to go see the tree that I don't think I have ever seen in person before! It was very festive and I loved it!


On the 16th Sarah, Mike, our friend Dave, and I went to go see Mission Impossible at an IMAX theatre! Everyone was going crazy for the release of the preview of The Dark Night Rises and it was pretty intense. We all really liked the movie and I thought it had some cute humor too. 

The last night in the city before going home for the holidays Mike and I went to a Christmukkah party that his cousin and wife and Dennise were putting on. We went up to 242nd street for the party and their apartment was really nice! We had h'orderves and hung out then had dinner and did a white elephant gift exchange. It was funny because one couple each opened up Justin Bieber toothbrushes! The night ended with some dancing to LMFAO Party Rock Anthem and we headed back to catch our train in the morning.

In the morning we headed to Penn Station and took a train back to Rochester, NY. The train was really nice and comfortable and we spent some time in the booths eating by the snack counter. 


We finally made it back and I was ready for the holiday celebrations to begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment