Saturday 4 February 2012

Jan9-Jan14 - Interviewing With Agencies!

January 9th I had the day off so I got prepared for my interviews the next day. On Tuesday I had two interviews with modeling agencies! My first interview was with NY Model Management where they had a booker meet with me in their conference room and I showed her my portfolio. We talked and she was very nice! They said that they would have a meeting and let my mother agent know their decision.


Afterwards I went back to the apartment and ate lunch and then headed to my second interview which was with Muse Model Management. When I walked in the booker who came to greet me looked familiar and he asked me if we had met before. It turns out that when I went to Canada for Chantale Nadeau's model presentation show he was there! We sat down and briefly talked and then he took some digital pictures. When I had met him in Canada he said that they would be interested in signing me to their Germany office but I knew that I would be moving to NYC soon so that would not work.


I enjoyed going to both agencies and I am thankful that I had the opportunity to interview with them!

The next day I started my first day of training at Maialino restaurant at Gramercy Park Hotel!


The first night I trained as a hostess and it was pretty busy but it went well! Danny Meyer who owns Maialino as well as other Union Square Hospitality Group restaurants happened to stop in and we met and he was very nice. The next morning I trained as a reservationist in the office and I was surprised by how much the phone rings! Up to nine guests can call at a time and they do! I enjoyed learning about Maialino and starting work there.

On January 14th the Miss America pageant was airing live on television and I was excited to watch because I know Kaitlin Monte who is Miss New York America. I usually only watch the Miss America pageant every other year but I made sure to be home to see Kaitlin compete! Kaitlin is from my hometown and we were part of the same modeling agency, Mary Therese Friel, LLC. She did so well placing 2nd runner-up and really could have won, but I am proud of her for making it so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment