Thursday 19 January 2012

Dec19-Dec31 - Home for the Holidays!

The very next day after being home I did a quick shoot of video and stills with a local photographer working on a project. In one scene I wore my "DKB: Dancers Kick Butt" shirt and in the other scene I was a volleyball player.

That night I celebrated Christmas with my bestie Sarah since she was heading to Nashville to see her parents for the holidays. We had a festive night of playing Christmas movies, eating Christmas cookies and exchanging gifts!


December 20th at night Hanukkah began and I was at Mike's house to celebrate with his family. I have never celebrated Hanukkah before so I was excited to light the first candle for the first night.


On the 21st I got hired to do a catalogue shoot for Team Cheer magazine. The crew was really nice and the other models and I had fun. Fun fact: the studio that was shooting this catalogue was the same studio I got hired for my first modeling job ever which was for Hasbro Video Now portable DVD/game player. 

The next night my agency in Rochester, NY, Mary Therese Friel, LLC invited some of the models to ring the bell for Salvation Army at the mall. I participate every year so I was glad I was home to be a part of it. Some of my friends were there too and we all had fun singing carols and wishing everyone a happy holiday. The majority of people said that they just couldn't refuse and we got a lot of donations!


On the 23rd I celebrated Christmas with my best friend Liz by watching Jingle All The Way and drinking hot chocolate :-) Afterwards we got set up to have a big Hanukkah dinner with Mike's family which was really nice.

Christmas Eve and Christmas were amazing with my family! It is tradition every year for my cousin Amanda and I to get together on Christmas Eve so we hung out and got to catch up :-)


I told my parents I didn't want anything for Christmas but they got me an iPad so that I can use it for my modeling portfolio! Everything they gave me was so nice and Santa brought me a yoga mat and candy! I love just being home, relaxing and enjoying the holiday season.


All week Mike's family had dinners with friends and family and it was delicious. Mike's Uncle was in town and he gave a lecture on Edgar Cayce and how to heal certain things so my Dad came with us and it was a nice workshop. I recommend anyone who has physical ailments to look into it!


The next thing I new it was the last day of 2011! I spent the day with my parents and for lunch we ate at Aladdin's which we have eaten there since I was really young. Later for dinner we went to Bocaccinis Italian Bistro where I always get butternut squash raviolis. They had caramel creme brulee on the New Year's menu so I couldn't pass that up! Afterwards I went to Mike's Aunt's house to see him and we watched the performers on tv and rang in the new year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment