Saturday 6 July 2013

May 3rd-May 10th - Fun Times In LA!

Friday morning I had a casting for Eight Sixty and I tried on some cute outfits. Later for dinner we went to Hard Rock Cafe in Hollywood and one of the workers told us about a contest where you can Instagram a picture of you with their burger and be entered to win a trip.

  

The next day I met up with a friend who I went to college with and she has been living in LA. Angela recommended we meet at a place called Toast and it was so good! We sat outside and had a great time catching up! 


At night Mike, Tony and Jeff were invited to a house party in the hills to watch the Mayweather vs Guerrero fight so I went with them. The host was a songwriter that they had a session scheduled with and the house and backyard were beautiful! 


Afterwards we all went out to the W hotel for a rooftop party with friends and met up with songwriter Nate Walka. It was really nice and we had a lot of fun!


Sunday was Cinco de Mayo and I went to the trading market to get my Mom a really pretty round terrarium that I saw there before as a Mother's Day gift! Later Mike, Tony and I went to The Americana at Brand shopping center to look around because Tony had not been there yet.


Monday morning I was driving listening to Mariah's new song "Beautiful" when Ford called me. They said that they knew I would probably not be comfortable with it but that I booked the Abercrombie campaign! I could not believe out of all the people that they chose me! Unfortunately it was going to be implied nudity and with a male model which I am not interested in so I had to turn it down. I am very appreciative that I was offered the job though!  


That morning I went to a casting for JustFab.com who Kimora Lee Simmons is the President of. They had me try on a pair of jeans and heels which were both amazing and they took pictures. When I got back to the apartment Mike found out that he won the Hard Rock Cafe contest!! It seemed too good to be true but it was official Hard Rock Cafe said that they would treat him and a guest to an all-inclusive trip to Punta Cana! 


I stopped by the agency and then we went to go eat at Aroma on Sunset Boulevard which was really good. Later we went to our friend Tim's house and hung out with him and his roommates until Mike and Tony had to do some work. The next day they had a session with the Sledge Grits Band which is a very talented group! 


That day I was on hold for Inside Weddings magazine which would have been amazing but I did not end up booking it, maybe in the future! At night we all went out to Saddle Ranch and watched people ride the bull and sing karaoke which was fun. On Wednesday the guys had a meeting at Sony that went really well! 


During the day I went shopping for some clothes for a shoot I had the next day. That night a hilarious thing happened, we knew that Hollywood Boulevard was closed that night but Tony forgot and went to try to go get his Mom a present. He said he was on his phone not paying attention and walked around barricades and through groups of people and all of a sudden felt bright lights on him. It turns out he accidentally walked onto the set of filming Muppets Most Wanted! They ended up having him stay while they had already started filming the scene so he might end up in the movie!


The next day I had a shoot with photographer Kacie Tomita! We shot against buildings on Melrose Avenue and she was really cool!



After Mike and I went to Mel's diner and I had pressed juice and we shared a milkshake. Later for dinner we met up with Erica at Mo's in Burbank, California. It was a lot of fun and we finished with one of the sweetest desserts I'be ever had, a pecan pie with ice cream! 


On Friday Mike flew back to New York to surprise his Mom for Mother's Day and I had a casting for Nike. I was not sure if I was going to stay for a few more days because I was on hold for a job but last minute Ford said I could go home so I quickly packed up everything!

1 comment:

  1. Top pic of you looks like you have a tattoo sleeve, my jaw dropped for a second there, lol. Respect the Abercrombie decision, very proud of you. Life looks pretty groovy, as does that dessert...probably isn't gluten free though, darn.

    - D.e.e.L...boy

    ReplyDelete