Monday 8 April 2013

Jan 15th-Jan 27th - Being Home, Miss New York USA & Liz's Birthday!

Tuesday night Mike's family and I went to Osteria Rocco for dinner and I had their amazing pizza. It is one of the best I have ever tasted and it is fun that you use scissors there to cut it!


The next day while everyone was at work my Dad and I decided to find a pet or bird store to go to just for fun like we used to when I was younger! We found one that had tons of birds and it was really cool to see all of the different kinds!



Afterwards Mike was working with our friend Brian who owns Red Booth Recording studio so my Dad brought me over there and I showed him the studio. Some of Brian's friends and his wife Kim were there so we all hung out. Brian and Kim announced that they are having a baby which is really exciting! 

The next couple of days I worked at Scott Miller Salon & Spa and one night I went to my cousin Amanda's house and met her girlfriend's new doggie! 


On Saturday I went back to Connecticut so that we could help my Grandma with some things and also so that I could go to the Miss New York USA pageant! The drive there was beautiful with the sunset.


The next day I drove to Manhattan and went out to lunch at Hane Japanese restaurant with my roommate Sarah and my friend Marjorie who was staying in my place at the apartment. That was really nice and then Sarah and I headed to Purchase, NY to go to the pageant! This year they combined the Miss New York Teen USA and Miss New York USA shows together so we were able to see both!


Every year it is exciting to see all of the great contestants and two young women have their dreams come true! This year the beautiful Susie Castillo hosted the shows and Nikki Orlando was crowned Miss New York Teen USA and Joanne Nosuchinsky as Miss New York USA! 

(Photo Credit: BeautyPageantNews.com)

In the lobby I met up with my friend Rosalie Almonte who I know from the pageant and it was good to catch. Afterwards, Sarah and I were craving The Cheesecake Factory so we went to the one in Westchester, NY and it was delicious. I knew now this would really be my last time seeing Sarah for a few months so it was sad saying goodbye but I'm glad we got to do something fun before I left for LA! 


I drove back to my Grandma's house and brought them a classic strawberry cheesecake. On Monday we did errands and ate at Christy's like we usually do because it's great and then headed back home the next day. 

Meanwhile I had been going through the FORD contract and had a couple of people look over it. On January 23rd I officially signed the contract to be represented by FORD Models LA!! My parents and I were ecstatic that I finally had this dream come true and all of my loved ones were so supportive! 


The next couple of days I spent time at home since I was going to be leaving in a week! It is always hard to leave my kitty Cookie Dough too so we spent a lot of time cuddling! 



Over the weekend I worked at the salon and Saturday night I went out to dinner with my best friend Liz! We went to Benuccis Ristorante and celebrated her birthday early since I would be out of town. It was so good to see her and celebrate!


Afterwards, I packed and the next day got ready to go by getting my nails done (I absolutely love the color I got: A Butterfly Moment by Mariah Carey for O.P.I.!) at Scott Miller which was really nice of Mike's Mom to treat me to! Later Helen, Alex and I went to Bronze Sunless Tanning to get a spray tan by Terri who we always go to! 


That night I got ready to leave home for seven weeks, it was sad saying goodbye but I was excited for Las Vegas and Los Angeles! 

No comments:

Post a Comment