Saturday 20 April 2013

Feb 2nd-Feb 6th - First Days In LA!

On Saturday we all went to the airport in Las Vegas and we said bye for now to Mike's family who was flying home and we headed to our gate for Los Angeles!


When we landed we headed to our temporary apartment in Burbank right near Warner Bros! The room was clean and comfortable but it was pretty old and the TV hardly worked. Then for dinner we headed into West Hollywood and had an amazing truffle pasta dish and chocolate cake for dessert at Cafe Med!


While we were eating this group was going around singing and playing guitar to each of the tables which was funny. Afterwards we went to the Sunset Marquis where I got to meet Mike's friend who is a manager at the hotel. There is a recording studio in the basement called NightBird that Mike has been to before where many artists go to record and where American Idol films the contestants recording and I got to get a tour. 


That was really cool and then we hung out in the lounge called Bar 1200.


A little embarrassing story: on the way back to the apartment that night I was driving and noticed a bright light shining on me from the car behind us and it was a cop car that then pulled up next to me and two officers looked at us and told me I did not have my headlights turned on! My jaw dropped, I apologized and told them it was our first night in LA and they laughed and told us to have a good trip haha

The next day we went to the famous Bob's Big Boy restaurant for lunch and we liked it there! 


Then we went to Guitar Center and Fred Siegel and got a bite to eat outside at their cafe there which was cute. Later we watched the super bowl mostly on the computer because the TV in the room was in such poor condition. It was an entertaining game and Beyonce and Destiny's Child rocked the halftime show! For dinner we went to Mo's in Burbank and it was really good!


Ford wanted me to come in on Monday to meet everyone and I was so excited! I walked in and saw the red wall with those four letters on it like I have seen before but this time instead of interviewing I was signed with them and it felt amazing!


I met the four bookers and they gave me a hug and were so nice! We talked and then they took pictures and video of me and gave me temporary comp cards. They made me feel very welcome and I am so happy to be a part of the team! That day I had my first casting in LA and it was for Aaron Ashe. Mike came with me and waited at a cafe where we met up afterwards and then headed to an outdoor mall called The Americana at Brand that was cool. 


While we were there I found out that I had a direct booking the next day to work for Modnique.com which was really exciting! We went back to Mo's for dinner and then went to a concert for Mike's friend Dan's metal band called Battle Royale that he is the singer of. After we got there our friends Dave and Julie from back home in New York walked in which was a nice surprise! I knew they just got in town but I did not realize they knew Dan too. The band did really well and we had a good time!


The next morning I headed to Modnique and I experienced real LA traffic for the first time, good thing I accounted for that! I met the photographer Sean, the person who hired me Noelle, the stylist Ashley, the assistant Maren and the makeup artist Emily! Noelle's little doggie Lexi was walking around the set and she was so cute!



Everyone was so nice and I had such a good day with them modeling Idylle shirts and Mopas leggings! 



Afterwards I headed to a casting for Nordstrom and then met up with Mike at Dan's recording studio. I picked Mike up and we moved into the apartment that we would be staying in for the next month! It was in a really nice neighborhood in West Hollywood and we went to dinner at Cafe Med again that night. My friend Julie came to dinner with us and it was really nice to catch up! A couple of tables away I recognized a guy and realized it was comedian Affion Crockett.


After dinner we brought Julie to Sunset Marquis and showed her around. Then she headed to her hotel and Mike and I hung out with his friend in Bar 1200 and we were talking when Sean Combs (P. Diddy) walked in with a young woman and they were looking for a place to sit. I felt bad we were sitting in the best spot of the place in the corner but they sat next to us and ordered a very expensive bottle.


The next morning I had a casting for Tobi.com and then I stopped at the agency and after went to lunch with Mike at a French restaurant on Sunset Boulevard. While we were eating outside we saw Paris Hilton in her Range Rover stuck in traffic. I got a veggie plate that was good except I asked if they could cook the artichoke more and someone came out embarrassing me saying it did not needed to be cooked more, so we might not eat there again.


Then Mike came with me to a casting for Charles Henry and then we went to Vintage King for him to get a piece of equipment and it was cool looking around.


For dinner I baked eggplant cutlets from Trader Joe's that were really good! We watched TV then Mike and Tony worked on music and I went to bed to be ready for a long day!

No comments:

Post a Comment