Friday 26 April 2013

Feb 7th-Feb 14th - Pre-Grammy Events & Valentine's Day!

The next morning I had a casting for Whitney Eve which is Whitney Port's clothing line and she was there at the casting!


Afterwards I went to the agency where there was a casting for Hautelook.com. When I walked in I saw another girl waiting who was Hilary Cruz Miss Teen USA 2007 and we talked and she was sweet! Later the guy who we were renting from, Jason, came over with his dog Lilu who is such a cutie!


Then Mike, Tony and I went to a private event at Sunset Marquis for the opening of "The Morrison Hotel Gallery." The gallery displays fine art work of world-class music and sports photographers and is co-owned by celebrity photographer Timothy White. We saw rock singer Alice Cooper there as well as Gary Oldman from the Batman movies.


Afterwards we went to a pre-Grammy event at Supper Club. Mike and his team knows Nate Walka who was hosting a party there. Nate has written songs "Blame It" for Jamie Foxx featuring T-Pain and "Say Ah" for Trey Songz. He was nice and I wanted to stay out with everyone but I had to get up the next morning so I headed back to go to bed.


February 8th was my best friend Liz's birthday and I was sad I could not be home to celebrate with her but we celebrated before I left! I know the weather was bad in Rochester but I'm glad she had a good night with her loved ones! 


In the morning I went to a casting for Forever 21 and it was not an appointment for just me like it usually is. There were a lot of girls and each one had to try on three different outfits. I was a little stressed because I had to be at a casting for Guess soon. I was happy to have a go-see for Forever 21 though, I always shop there. I finished the casting and rushed to the Guess office. Inside was so cool with pictures of the models on the windows and pillows in the lobby. 


They were really nice and had me try on a couple of outfits and take pictures in them. I love Guess clothes and their models are gorgeous so I was honored that they took the time to meet with me! Afterwards Mike, Tony and I went to Chrome Hearts which was my first time going to the LA location. It was kind of hidden but both the exterior and interior were cool.


Saturday we were on the list for a couple of pre-Grammy events and the main one we went to was "How I Wrote That Song" that was put on by BMI where artists and songwriters talked about different songs they wrote and what inspired them. 


On the panel was country songwriter Luke Laird who has written songs for Carrie Underwood, Blake Shelton, Miranda Lambert and Tim McGraw to name a few. B.o.B. who Mike and Tony have a song with and Snoop Lion (Snoop Dogg) were also on the panel. Last but not least the writer of Rihanna's SOS and Beyonce's Halo, Evan Bogart, and Busta Rhymes completed the panel. 

Evan talking a little bit about writing SOS for Rihanna

Then I was surprised to hear Evan open up and say he actually wrote the lyrics about struggling going through rehab and then they made the song about a boy for her to sing. Each of the talks were entertaining, it was a fun time and I am glad I had the chance to attend!

Quickly we went down the street to The London hotel where ASCAP was putting on a brunch event that was almost finished. We went up to the rooftop which had a great view, we had a couple bites to eat and talked to some others at the event. 


We decided to head back to the other event and catch the end but when we got there it was over. Outside I met these songwriters who Mike and Tony know called Planet VI (formerly known as Rock City) who have written songs like "Pour It Up" for Rihanna. After for lunch Mike, Tony and I went to Mel's Drive-In restaurant and Mike and I shared an oreo milkshake mmm


For dinner we went back to Cafe Med and they had a special of truffle oil pizza so I had to get it and it was amazing! The next day was the Grammys and we went to the Sunset Marquis to watch them in Bar 1200. There were great performances especially Elton John and Ed Sheeran and deserving winners. Congratulations to our friends who were nominated, what an honor! 

The next day I worked for Modnique modeling Esley clothes and V.I.P. Denim. It was another fun day!


While I was working Mike and Tony had a meeting with an artist who wanted to work with them. That night we were walking down sunset to find a place to eat and we saw Josh Flagg from the show Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles that Mike and I like to watch.

The next morning I woke up and my portfolio was up on Ford's site which was so exciting to see! I have looked at their site for years to see the models and their poses and everything so I was teary-eyed when I saw myself on there.


During the day Mike, Tony and Jeff had a meeting with Zach Katz CEO of Beluga Heights Records and his A&R Jeremih. At night we got the keys to Dan's studio since he was going on vacation and the next night I hung out while Mike and Tony worked on new songs. 


Thursday was Valentine's Day! I worked for Modnique during the day and when I got there Ashley gave me gummies and Maren brought chocolate covered strawberries for everyone which was so sweet of them! I modeled different knit tops and Mystree clothing which were cute.



After the clothing lines we had a little Valentine's shoot with flowers that Maren's boyfriend sent to her at work! :)


When I got back to the apartment Mike gave me roses! :)


Then we got dressed up and went to The Grove. It was pretty walking down the street at night with lights all around.


Afterwards we headed to dinner at a restaurant on Sunset Boulevard where we sat in an outdoor area surrounded by trees and strands of lights which was so pretty. I had a pasta primavera and it was delicious! 


We finished with chocolate cake and ice cream and it we had such a great time together! I love you Mike!


I was sad that I couldn't be home with my parents and Cookie Dough but they know I love them so much! It was so sweet of them to send me gifts, I had to try not to cry!

(An amazing card my Mom picked out
and I love the little drawings my Dad did haha)

I had an amazing day and I am so thankful for my loved ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment