Wednesday 28 August 2013

June 2nd-June 10th - My Birthday & Connecticut!

Sunday was my birthday and I was excited to celebrate with friends and family! I told my parents that I did not want any gifts and instead I made a fundraiser for the American Red Cross disaster relief to raise money for the efforts in Oklahoma after the destruction that the tornadoes caused. A sincere thank you to those who donated!


My parents got me gifts anyway and so did other loved ones which they shouldn't have but I love every gift and card that I received! 


Every other year I usually have my party at the beach but this year there was a chance of storms so everyone went to Mike's house and we had fruit, cheese, salad, chips, pizza and cake mmm! We all hung out, ate and later went outside and played frisbee and football which was really fun!


A big thank you to everyone who sent me birthday wishes and each person who came to celebrate with me, you all made this day special and memorable! It was also my best friend Dennise's birthday the same day! I am honored to be her birthday twin and I hope she had an amazing weekend! <3

I am blessed to have the most amazing people in my life.

At night Mike and I watched Wreck-It Ralph which turned out to be a really good movie! On Tuesday I left to go to Connecticut with my Dad to visit and help my Grandma around the house. That night my Grandma had some pictures and newspaper clippings out which were really neat. One newspaper article was about my Uncle Victor scoring in the top one percent in his class in the country. Later going on to study at Notre Dame and MIT, his intelligence was remarkable and we miss him greatly. 


The next day we went grocery shopping with my Grandma and later in the day I was outside when all of a sudden two huge black dogs came running at me, I love animals but I was pretty scared! I got my Dad and we found out they were very hyper but nice dogs. 


We started playing fetch with them and one ran away and jumped in the pond. He was swimming and then he tried to get out but it seemed like something was biting him! He would all of a sudden go underwater and was trying to get something off of him! We realized he really could not get out so my Dad ran to call someone because he was going to get too tired and drown. While he was doing that I did not give up I went to another part of the pond and called him over and he finally got out! 


The next morning I went for a run down my Grandma's street because I want to work on toning to compete for Miss New York USA. Then we went to stores with my Grandma after and the next day until we went to The Painted Pony Restaurant for dinner. I ordered a small pizza and it was huge!


Saturday my Dad and I were leaving Connecticut but first we took a picture of my Grandma with a doll made in 1900 that was her Mother's. It was really neat to see something made over a century ago and to hear about the history of it in my family!


Then we headed back home and the next day my Mom thought of riding bikes on canal so we did that and it was a challenging workout but a beautiful view and really fun! 


At night the hairstylist Oribe had a show in Miami that Mike and his family attended and I was able to stream it on the computer to watch it from home. On Monday I did errands and got ready to head back to Los Angeles!

No comments:

Post a Comment