Sunday 15 April 2012

Feb15-Feb24 - Interviewing with FORD!

Wednesday morning Mike left really early in the morning and then later in the day my Dad came to visit me since he was a couple of hours away in Connecticut helping my Grandma. I had not known it before but when he arrived he told me my Grandma had fallen the day before and they did not tell me because they did not want me to worry. She went to the hospital and miraculously did not break anything! The doctors were also very surprised that she is 84-years-old and is not on any medications. They did recommend physical therapy though so she went to a place to do different exercises.

Anyway my Dad, Sarah and I went to eat at L'express and had a very nice afternoon meal! Then on the way back to the apartment we showed him Maialino where were work and the Gramercy Park Hotel that it is in with Jade Bar and Rose Bar. He really liked the restaurant and the area that we are in!


The next day I worked breakfast and lunch and we had a couple of interesting guests. One was Dhani Jones who is a former NFL linebacker. He came in on a really cool bicycle that folded in half and he told me what it was called but I cannot remember what he said, it was some weird word haha.


The other guest was Milton Glaser who is famous for creating the I <3 NY logo. He has done other big graphic design jobs throughout the years and I thought that was pretty neat. 

Sunday morning I worked during brunch and the beauty editor of Teen Vogue, Eva Chen, came in and later tweeted "best brunch in NYC: @MaialonoNYC" :)

Another guest we had for brunch was Mike Nichols, the famous director and producer who is now married to ABC World News anchor Diane Sawyer. My Dad had actually been to a big party that Mr. Nichols had in the 70's to sell Arabian horses. I told him that my Dad attended that event and he thought that was neat.

Later at night I watched the premiere of this season's Celebrity Apprentice! Donald Trump is the co-owner of the Miss Universe Organization and one of the contestants on this season's show is Dayana Mendoza who was Miss Universe 2008! Dayana is beautiful and she did well in this episode, she called up a lot of people to come help support her team in the challenge of selling sandwiches.

Monday was Presidents Day and my roommates and I had the day off from work so we went out and spent the day together. We had heard about a restaurant called Dos Caminos so we decided to try the meat-packing location. It was pretty good, especially the dessert, but unfortunately our server was rude to us and we were a little disappointed because of that.


Afterwards we went across the street and shopped around in the Chelsea Market. There were a lot of little stores and bakeries that made such cute cookies and cupcakes. The interior was a cool feel inside and we had fun looking around. 


The next day I had off too and it was beautiful out so I went for a jog!


The rest of the day I was getting prepared for my interview with FORD Models the next morning! I had already gotten a light spray tan so then I did my hair, charged my iPad that my portfolio is on and picked out a cool outfit.

On the 22nd I got up in the morning and got ready for my interview. I got really nervous because I woke up with a little rash on the lower-half of my face which I have not had ever before! Luckily it did not show too much and I put on moisturizer and it pretty much went away. Then I listened to inspirational music and headed to FORD on Fifth Avenue!


I got called in and interviewed with a young lady who I had actually interviewed with a year-and-a-half ago! She was very nice and we talked about my history of modeling in terms of where I have modeled before. Afterwards I interviewed with another women who just asked me what clients I have worked for and what type of jobs I am interested in doing. Lastly, they took digitals of me posing and showing my hair down and up. Then they said that they would talk to the team and let Chantale, my mother agent, know what they decided!

The next night I had work and model Christy Turlington and actor Ed Burns dined with us that evening. Christy was very tall and pretty, of course, and Ed was really nice!

On Friday Mike had a concert in Rochester with the band he is in for fun called Pretty in Pink. I wanted to be there so badly but it did not work out. While the concert was going on I had his Mom hold the phone up for me to hear, as well as his sister send videos to me. They did awesome and it looked like so much fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment